Thursday, April 24, 2008

Preparation and Procrastination

Well, It is the 24th of April 2008 and I am not due to leave till july. So why they hell am I writing? Well (apart from the fact that I am procrastinating when I should be doing an assignment) Before I go anywhere I am going to discuss briefly what i hope to achieve. Just consider this the introduction in the essay that is blog. Hopefully, it will serve as a framework for the rest of the blogging experiment.

before anything, I need to remember to actually do the blogging. anyway,

First, I aim to explore and document electronic music cultures and subcultures wherever I go- the psy trance scene or whatever else I find along the way. I will be going to Boom festival in portugal, and nachtdigital festival in germany, and will report on the experiences i have and the people i meet at both. Lucky, lucky me. I will hopefully discover some local music, and I will probably be unable to enjoy going out in Aus ever again.

Second, I want to devote some time to getting a feel for the political environment within the countries I will be visiting, especially Sweden, and explaining it here. This will include discussion of interesting local news, people's opinions, and in the case of Sweden- an actual study of the Welfare state. Hopefully at the end of this, I would have gained and can share some insight into the different forms of capitalism and democracy that currently exist within Europe: the birthplace of both capitalism and democracy (and many forms of electronic music).

see you on the other side...

No comments: